Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Field Trip for Loovee: Waikiki

I have a love-hate relationship with Waikiki, Hawaii's most famous beachfront. I love the energy and excitement, but I hate the crowds. I love the vast variety of restaurants and shops, but I hate how commercial it has now become. I love that it is so renown that people all over the world want to visit, but I hate that it seems like a new hotel is being built every week to accommodate them.

Anyway, Loovee wanted to show you that despite Waikiki's hustle and bustle, and all the construction going on at the moment, there are still a few places that are green, serene, and reminiscent of the the real Hawaii.

The following three photos were taken at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It is a huge resort, which features manicured tropical gardens, ponds with waterfalls, and a man-made lagoon.

This is one of the Hilton's many ponds. They are often filled with colorful carp fish and it's not unusual to see the resident ducks swimming by.

Resting in the shade of a palm tree.

Here's Loovee observing the cascading water.

The next two pictures were taken at Leahi Park, which overlooks the beautiful ocean.

Lounging on the seawall.

Watch out for those big waves, Loovee!

Finally, Loovee ends the day in front of Diamond Head Crater as the Hawaiian sun starts to set.

"Aloha and mahalo for visiting!" Loovee says.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have my hair that color! Cute doll!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog with such sweet comments. My sis lived in Oahu and your pix of Diamond Head and the Hilton Hawaiian Village brings back so many memories. Your Blythe looks so cute and Hawaiian too!

Sandyxo

6060 said...

I agree with you, last time when I was in HI, it was 10 years ago, it was crowd back then, lots of ppl shopping around, like everywhere! Milk was very expensive (I wonder why I remember that.. ) Also, I was staying at the beach like half day only, then I had to go. I wish I have a chance to go there again! *sigh* when will that happen???????

Carrie Me! said...

Your photos are fabulous, and your girl is gorgeous. I love Hilton H.V. I probably wouldn't even recognize Waikiki considering I haven't been there since 1986!! =(

I lived in Kailua in the 70's- early 80's, loved growing up there. Thanks for all the beautiful photos.

I visited your etsy, LOVE your stuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Loovee is quite lucky to enjoy a "field trip" to Waikiki. The sun, the surf, the...crowds? Oh well, she seemed to be gleaming in all of those shots. I hope she lubed up with sun block so that she doesn't spend the night drenched in aloe.

Quirky World said...

Nice to meet you... thanks for your comments... and yes my Boy Blythe is very special indeed... I called him Tex....

Is Loovee an Asian Butterfly? I had one but i sold her to a friend... Her hair is amazing...and she comes up sooo well in photos...

Have a great day....
Daniela

Tizzalicious said...

It's sad that the most beatutiful places are always so crowded!

I love these pictures though! I wouldn't mine going there myself and making the place even more crowded :P

Unknown said...

oh there you are! missed your posts! these pics are beautiful! hawaii looks like such wonderful place! i hope i can go there someday. thank you for all of your sweet comments on my blog! and as for the vintage linens.. i don't know yet...hehe. don't forget..if you ever feel like swapping i'm happy to. and i'll be buying a full size blythe soon! huggs!

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

cute work

Kim said...

Those pictures are beautiful!
I love the wind blowing in her beautiful blue hair!

*emilie* said...

i wish i could come over there for a holiday. it's so gorgeous

PAC said...

I love your photos! It makes me want to go there!!

Holly said...

Hee hee, I think almost everyone from Hawai`i feels that way... Lovee looks like she had fun; awesome pictures!

Marce said...

wow! beautiful place, your doll is cute and her hair it`s soooo blue! ijijiji!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I didn't receive your initial comment on the blog. I wonder if there was some kind of Blogger hiccup?

The girls are so happy to get to swap with you and Loovee again. I finally have a weekend without too many social things going on, so I think I will finally get to take the girls out in their lovely new clothes. Though I wish that I had a beach for them to go to. The dresses are so perfect for the beach.

Loovee is adorable and lovely in Waikiki. I know what you mean about that area. I was surprised at all the hotels when I was there last. I hope to visit Hawaii again someday in the future. It's such a beautiful place.

Milkberry said...

I wanna visit Waikiki too. But yeah I hate crowded places :(

bunzi said...

i've been there twice! i like walking. it feels nice. she was living at a condo there at the time in of the hotels.very nice memories. ;)

nice pictures. :D

Anonymous said...

Wow it almost looks like the backgrounds are photos that you're holding Loovee in front of! That's amazing that it's so picture perfect there. I've never been, but I don't like touristy places or lots of people

Cait said...

what a beautiful place! does mist rise off of it early in the morning?