Saturday, March 8, 2008

In Need of a Blythe Intervention

Etsy and the TIB Forum's Clothes and Sundries section is a dangerous place for me. In the wee hours of the morning, when the rest of the world slumbers and the only light in my home is the glare of the monitor illuminating my eager face, I shop.

"I can't pass this up!" I tell myself. "Loovee absolutely NEEDS it!" I tell myself.

And so Loovee ends up with a cute new shirt all the way from Cris Shida in Japan.

A whopping influx of shoes.
This very elaborate Kenmore kitchen set, and Barbie dining table with matching chairs.
Some lovely kawaii fabric, which Loovee begs to be made into a dress soon.
Finally, to punctuate the ridiculousness of my problem, yet another Re-Ment dress form just because it was too good a deal to ignore.

Loovee is thrilled beyond words. My bank account -- not so much.

Well, I must run along now. I have some crochet dress sets to do and two swaps coming up, which I must prepare for. How exciting! Blythe stuff coming in the mail, which I needn't feel guilty about!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy doing a Loovee makeover. That's wonderful. She's so lucky to receive so many early Christmas presents. I love the sandals and the cute T-shirt. I especially love the kitchen. Too cute for words. I envy her having such a wonderful kitchen.

I know how much a bank account can get beaten up for the ones you love but hey...it's for the ones you love, right?

Just love this post. Keep it up.

Milkberry said...

omg i love her shoes! and her kitchen is love~~~~

hehehhee you should let your bank account breathe a little bit. then let the cycle continue... again!

:D good luck!

Sam said...

Ooh, what lovely goodies! The kitchen is great and that kawaii fabric is adorable.

All us Blythe-addicts know what it's like to have empty wallets...but isn't that part of the fun?!?!

Tizzalicious said...

Nice shoes! And I loooove the fabric!

me said...

I had to giggle when I read this post, I do the exact same thing! My eyes are glued to the monitor while my 3 yr old sleeps behind me. I'm the world's worst impulse buyer. :) I love everything you've chosen for Loovee, she's a lucky girl!

*Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm finding that Blythe people are the nicest people around! :)

Lisa (VerucaBleu)

Megumi said...

Awww...Everything is so cute!! Loovee is so lucky to get all of those stuff(^-^)!

I can't wait to see your new crocheted dresses(^-^)!!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I completely know what you mean! Blythe spending is like a tidal wave that you are powerless to stop.

Bs really do NEED all that cute stuff. I promise! Ha ha.

Can't wait to see the rest of Loovee's home. Her little kitchen is beautiful. That Kenmore kitchen set is awesome.

Only 1 week until our swap! How exciting!

mushroommeadows said...

Loove is loved!

Sil said...

oh!!!! don´t feel guilty! I do the same!!!!!
jejejje I love you doll, she is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that fabric. My blythe, Marcie, totally wants a dress too!

Ooh, and that rement? I want one or two or ten.

:D

Cait said...

That kitchen is amazing! I love all of the fabric as well. Loovee is so cute and so well looked after. She must be very happy ;)
I'm Cait =) 'in company with sparkles' is my Blythe blog, the other is my personal one.

love, Cait =)

Anonymous said...

You've got a great haul there. Did you spend your PayPal money? I have a terrible habit of treating it like Monopoly money! It just doesn't seem real!!!

Gina M Smith said...

That is one awesome kitchen set! We should all just talk on-line during the wee hours, because I have the same problem!! Looking forward to our fat book!
Gina

Anonymous said...

OMG! So cute shoes!
Thanks for stopping by Shida Etsy Store!
;D