Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Mailman is My Friend

This has been a very happy mail week.

I purchased this lovely bear from Eveluche on Etsy. It was supposed to be a gift to myself, which I would open up on Christmas Day. Obviously, that didn't work out as planned. I tore the package open as soon as he arrived. Honestly, making myself wait was like telling myself to not be happy, which is just downright silly.

Isn't he adorable? And so well made, too. I love his crocheted tag with the embroidered heart. He also came with a little first aid kit with a variety of yarns. So clever! I am just thrilled to have him in my ever growing collection of handcrafted softies.

I got these kokeshi fabrics from Lucky Kaero Fabric and Supplies. I couldn't resist those big round heads and rosy cheeks.

This print came all the way from England from Belle and Boo. I have such an affinity for bunnies. They just make the greatest pets. One my my favorites was one Boo Radley, who passed away last year. He was all white like in the print and given the name of the shop . . . well , it's fate that I should have it, don't you think?

I miss you, Boo.

And this bit of mail is something being given, not received. I was lucky enough to meet Linda and Molli via the TIB Forum dedicated to Blythe dolls. We are doing a Holiday swap for our dollies, Molli and Loovee. Such fun! I have never done a swap before so I am excited beyond words. I am mailing Molli's package off tomorrow, and I do hope they like what Loovee and I have been working on.

I have more things coming in the mail, which I am dying to receive. I hope my mailman isn't creeped out by my sitting on the curb, waiting for him.

3 comments:

Molli said...

Hi Rima and Loovee,

Mom and I are so excited about our swap! Our gift is going in the mail today. Yay!

So sorry it's a day late! I kept bugging mom to help me put it together, but she had finals and also hurt her back. What a bummer.

I made mom put pictures up last night on the blog. We hope you enjoy your gift!!! :)

Eeeeee! So much fun!

Have a merry Christmas!

Lotsa hugs,
Molli (and mom Linda)

secretsofabutterfly said...

hello,i live in england my name is kat and i love your blog and i love belle and boo too! i have the print you got, as i love bunnies, i have two. if you want to see them pop over to my blog www.secretsofabutterfly.typepad.com there's some pics in the album and also at my flickr, you'd be very welcome. i love the cute cute faces of your handmade toys, i've only just found you through etsy and am disappointed to miss out on your bunny phase of toy making. but i will be back in the new year to see your creations, best wishes from Kat, by the way my bunnies are whisper and jasper, it was lovely to see your picture of Boo Radley,what a beautiful snowy white bunny he was,so very handsome. i know what its like to lose a bunny Bailey passed 2 yrs ago, and i still miss him even tho i got my new 2 this may.X

Molli said...

Hi Rima and Loovee!!!

The package is HERE!!! It's HERE!!! Do I open it??? Mom says to wait, so I must sit on my hands for now. Oh, I am so excited. I want to see what is inside!

Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Post pics when you get back!

Hugs,
Molli (and mom Linda)