Monday, October 15, 2007

Aloha!

I'm not much for talking about myself so I think I'll keep this introduction short and sweet, and (mostly) in picture form.


First off, I love to make softies. I'm very inspired by the Japanese ideal of cute. No one does cute like they do. Here are some koalas I whipped up awhile back.

I make owls, too.

These are some kitties that I've yet to finish. They have no faces yet, so enjoy the view of their behinds.


I recently taught myself to crochet for the specific purpose of making amigurumi. I used the book, Crocheting for Dummies. It is aptly titled in my case. I have a long way to go, especially in the tension department. My hands get so cramped up. This is a little amigurumi bunny I purchased off ebay, which serves as inspiration. Along side it was my first attempt at crocheting.


In the neighborhood of cuteness, I've fallen in love with Takara Blythe dolls. This is my Loovee, an Asian Butterfly Encore. I made her dress and bunny hat, which she wore on her first trip to Japan. I think I will tell you more about that in my next post.

Well, thank you for peeking in and I hope you visit again.

6 comments:

Amory Burgess said...

You're very talented and your stuff is cute! Can't wait to see what else you make. Do you take requests?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rima!

Thank you so much for my Molli. I'm so happy to have adopted her from you. I love her so much!

Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh! And I love your kitty softies! Do you sell them?

Rika Boriqua said...

Your softies are so wonderful. I love the owls a lot. I love anything Owl.

Kristy said...

Some lovely softies here! Can't wait to see the in your etsy shop.

Sanna F said...

WOW your stuff are so cute! I am amazed!!!!